Spinz Sun Tan Remover ‘Face of Chennai’, 2015 crowns gorgeous young ladies **The search for the prettiest girl in the city ends today**
The grand finale of Spinz Sun-Tan Remover Face of Chennai 2015 took place on the 5th of September (Saturday) at Rani Seethai Hall. Organized by Iris Events for the fourth consecutive time, this unique fashion show conceptualized this year had 900 entries participating from various parts of the city. Director Mr. Suresh Krissna, Actor Mr. Srikanth and Mrs. Vandhana Srikanth along with jury members comprising of renowned personalities like Ms. Ekta Surana – image consultant , Mr. M.K.RAESS – Director of National School Of Design, Mr. Prem - Actor, Ms. Amutha - Founder & Director, Canopo- Illuminating Tiny Minds , Ms. Uma Iyer – Actress and Mr. Karun Raman – Fashion Choreographer graced the occasion.
Miss. Suja was crowned the winner of Face of Chennai, 2015. Several other titles such as Miss Expressive Eyes, Miss Enticing Smile, Miss Challenge , Miss Popular Face , Miss Healthy Hair and Miss Facebook Max likes were also announced.
The Ethnic Wear Round, Beach Round dedicated to Spinz sun tan remover, Freeing India challenge round and Party Wear Round were the three spectacular rounds which set the ramp on fire and kept everyone glued to their seats. The event saw a unique theme-based choreography by Sanjay Asrani who also hosted the show in style along with Miss Samyuktha who is the winner of Face of Chennai 2014 Part of the event proceeds has been donated to Dignity Foundations, Home for Senior citizens and Hope foundations- AIDS home for children and women.
This year’s esteemed sponsors include Spinz Sun-Tan Remover, Bilimbe photo booth, Naturals, Residency Towers, Fujifilm Instax, VVD, Hello fm, Freeing India, Makkal auto, and Smartebucks. All the 14 contestants were dressed in striking outfits designed by the students of National School of Design. The contestants were adorned with intricate jewellery by PGP JOYERIA . The girls looked flawless and radiant with make-up and hair done by Naturals Salon. A part of the proceedings were donated to the Dignity Foundation and Hope Foundation.
About the sponsors: Spinz Sun-Tan Remover cream:: ‘Spinz Sun Tan Remover cream’ is a ‘wash-off’ cream that removes sun induced tan on skin in just 5 minutes after application. The new offering from CavinKare’s portfolio has a revolutionary new formulation that helps achieve a perfect de-tan effect on the skin in just 5 minutes. One can visibly see the difference once they wash off the cream from their face.
Comments (0) 07.09.2015. 21:38
‘Samksrit for Samanya’, a first-of-its kind 3-day conference on and about Sanskrit language for laymen and Sanskrit lovers to create awareness about its richness and enhance Sanskrit learning experience is being held in Chennai on 11th, 12th and 13th September 2015 by Meenakshi College for Women (Chennai), Vivekananda Educational Society, SASTRA University (Tanjore) and Samskrita Bharati.
Samskrita Bharati conducting a 3-day MahaSammelanam - a conference cum exhibition with the global theme of ‘Samskrit for Samanya ‘on the 11th, 12th and 13th September 2015. There are many pioneering attempts featuring these events.
Popular personalities from a wide spectrum - writers, scientists, industrialists, politicians, musicians, medicine, public speakers, journalists and media team, academicians, bureaucrats, are sharing a dais on the common platform of ‘Samskrit’.
There will be plenary sessions on different themes on all the three days followed by various events covering art, culture, science and philosophy. The plenary sessions will be presided over by noted personalities and field specialists.
Date Plenary Session Theme
11-09-2015 JeevaneSamskritam 12-09-2015 SamskriteVijnaanam 13-09-2015 Samskritam and Tamizh Some of the highlights from this MahaSammelanam include:
• Seminars and lectures by graduate and post-graduate students as parallel events
• An integrated ‘Science Samskrit’ exhibition with multi-media presentations
• Apart from the regular Cultural programs selected cultural events from Samskrutosva 2015 will be showcased during this event
• A grand book-exhibition of 40 Stalls exclusively showcasing ancient & trending Samskrit books by popular publishers from across the country
• New book releases published by Samskrita Bharati, Chennai
• Prize distribution for the winning school students from Samskrutosva that took place in DG Vaishnava college on August 8, 2015
• Live presentations by Aurveda College and Sastra University students
• Expected foot-fall in tens of thousands
Samskrita Bharati invite Samskrita-enthusiasts to participate in the deliberations as delegates. Samskrita Bharati look forward all your participation in this grand Samskrit event and give widest possible pre-publicity and widest coverage on this event across all Sanskrit lovers during and after the event.
History of Samskrita Baharati
• Started in 1981 by a group of graduating students out of Tirupati University
• Founding members – Sri Chammu Krishna Shastry and Sri Janardhana Hegde
• Founding members came up with a unique methodology to teach Sanskrit that makes it easy to learn and speak the language with 20 hours of classes
• First classes were conducted in Bangalore
• It is registered as a Trust and also under Section 12A of IT Act.
• The Movement, called “Speak Samskrit Movement”, started in 1981 in Bangalore and it was later named and registered as “Samskrita Bharati” in 1995 in Delhi.
• Taught a group of MPs (members of parliament in 1984) including Advani, Balram Jakhar, etc
• In 1993 1008 classes were conducted in New Delhi, Varanasi, Chennai
• Samskrita Bharati is a movement for the development of Samskrit language, literature and mankind.
• Samskrita Bharati is an organization of dedicated volunteers
• Its activities are spread to more than 2000 places all over the country and 29 countries all over the world
• The benefits of Samskrita Bharati’s activities go to all, irrespective of caste, gender, region and the religion.
• All India office is in Delhi. State offices are in State capitals. There are Working Committees at All India, State, District and Local level.
Samskrita Bharati Current Projects • Samskrita Bharati Conducts 10 – day (or 20 hour equivalent) Spoken Sanskrit classes all over the world using our proven methodology
• Student Residential Camps - Intense Samskrit classes that offer students immersion in Sanskrit language
• Samskrita Correspondence Course - The correspondence courses are offered in eight languages including Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam and have 4 different levels
• SAFL – Samskrit as a foreign language is offered to high school students in the US. Sanskrit is offered as a second language in American high schools for the very first time
• Bhaashaa Vyutpatti Yojanaa - This is to train young and potential students in correct, standard and good usage of Samskrutam. This is one year residential training after post graduation.
• Samvaada shaalaa - A Samvad Shala in Delhi has been established for those who want to speak Sanskrit fluently. Such people can come to Samvad Shala for a 14 days residential training. People from all states excluding Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Mizoram, Tripura and Pondechery have taken part in the Samvad Shala. Participants from 18 countries including USA, Russia, China, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Poland, Ireland, Ukraine, Trinidad, Nicaragua, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Cambodia, Nepal, Bhutan have participated in it.
• Bhaaratii Koshah - This is an effort to create Sanskrit Dictionaries for various languages and keep the dictionaries current
• Sarasvatii Sevaa Yojanaa - Sarasvati Sewa Yojana’s goal is to translate important books into Sanskrit and the translation work of over 1000 books from various languages have been completed
• Vaarshikam Sammelanam - A yearly conference of Sanskrit enthusiasts from all over the world
• Sambhashana Sandesh - Publish a bi-monthly Sanskrit magazine, probably the only such magazine published from Bengaluru with circulation throughout the country including 29 countries of the world
• Naipunya vargaah - Specialised training of students in certain specific fields of Sanskrit
• Sanskrit Wikipedia - Sanskrit Wikipedia has a collaboration with Samskrita Bharati. The collaboration efforts started in the Wikipedia Academy organized in Bangalore on Jan 23, 2010. That Wikipedia Academy was also the first in India. There are over 50 Sanskrita Bharathi participants at the Academy.
For more details about the MahaSammelanam conference, contact: Mr Sriram, Organizing Secretary,Samskrita Bharati – Uttara Tamilnadu .
Comments (0) 03.09.2015. 20:11
The Old students of MCC Meet their Guru
It was indeed a very pleasant surprise for Professor Dr. P.S Sanjeeva Raj, when he was greeted by his students after 48 years! The M.Sc Zoology students from batch 1965-1967 of Madras Christian College (MCC) decided to please their Professor by visiting him at his residence in Anna Nagar.
The Professor is now 87 years old and he welcomed everyone by calling us by our names. Such is his memory! He keeps himself engaged by writing articles to various publications. Recently he has written a book on the “Fauna and Flora of Madras Christian College Campus”.
Our ‘Meet’ was filled with happiness, fellowship and rejuvenation – We have all become grandpas and grandmas. We were 14 of us in our class but three are no more. Remaining eleven from Bangalore, Cochin, Trichy, Salem, Villupuram, Porayar, Chennai and Australia flocked together on 08.08.15. This day will remain an unforgettable day for the rest of our lives!! We have now formed a whatsapp group on which we will continue to stay in touch.
For More Details Contact: M.Sc. Zoology Students Batch 1965-1967, MCC Anne
Comments (0) 02.09.2015. 17:11
- Will represent the city at the National Finals of the prestigious Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz 2015 in Delhi on October 16 -August 30, Chennai: IIT Madras won the Chennai qualifying round of The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz at the Indian Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
The team of three comprising Rusabh Menon, Ananth Sundararaman & Gerloe Nirmalan did their college proud by winning the Chennai finals where 83 teams had participated. Mr Mikael Johansson,First Secretary, Political Affairs, Embassy of Sweden handed out the prizes at the intercollegiate quiz competition which saw avid quizzers from across reputed colleges and technical Institutes of the city.
The Quiz was conducted by Quiz Master Kunal Savarkar. Winners of the Chennai round will represent the city at the National Finals which will be held in New Delhi on October 16, 2015.Apart from Chennai, the Quiz will also be held in Indore, Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Guwahati, Ahmedabad and New Delhi. The first two qualifying rounds were held in Indore and Pune.National winners will get an all-expense paid trip to Sweden where they will visit headquarters of global Swedish companies, Swedish Universities and the Nobel Museum among other things.
Partnering Swedish companies for this year’s Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week are ABB, Air France/KLM, Atlas Copco, Camfill,Ericsson, IKEA, Munters, Oriflame, SAAB, Sandvik, Scania, SEB, Tetrapak, Volvo Cars and Volvo India. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ About The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week 2015:
The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week is a high-profile, multi-city, multi-activity annual event organized by the Embassy of Sweden in India in cooperation with Swedish companies. The Week is instituted in memory of Swedish innovator, entrepreneur & philanthropist Alfred Nobel and celebrates the Indian Nobel Laureates as well. The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week 2014 is the ninth edition of the week, which will take place across ten cities Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Ahmedabad and New Delhi from August 12 to October 16, 2015.
Stay updated on:www.swedeninindia.com , www.facebook.com/swedeninindia, www.twitter.com/swedeninindia -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments (0) 01.09.2015. 20:33
Comments (0) 25.08.2015. 18:26
- Hot News
- Ashok Nagar
- Chennai news
- Press Release
- PR Chennai
- discount coupons
- Q&A Abdul Kalam
- Summer camps
- Anna Nagar
We are HiringCareer opportunities We are Currently Looking For Telemarketing Executives (3 Nos) Experienced in any Tele Marketing Field. Salary will Be best in the Industry.
Contact us at 8428182676 or E-mail your resume to timeslocalnewspaper[@]gmail[.]com.